International competitiveness and the auto industry: What’s the role of motor vehicle emission standards?
A panel discussion on how motor vehicle emission standards influence the international competitiveness of auto manufacturers and component suppliers.
Please join the International Council on Clean Transportation and the Bipartisan Policy Center for a panel discussion on how motor vehicle emission standards influence the international competitiveness of auto manufacturers and component suppliers. The effect of federal motor vehicle regulations on innovation and employment in the automotive sector is a subject of an important debate that will play out over the next several years. This timely conversation will help inform that discussion with insights from economics, engineering, and political perspectives.
- Timothy Johnson, Director, Emerging Technologies and Regulations, Corning
- Zoe Lipman, Director, Vehicles and Advanced Transportation Program, BlueGreen Alliance
- Richard Perkins, Associate Professor of Environmental Geography, London School of Economics and Political Science
- David Vogel, Professor of Political Science and Solomon P. Lee Chair in Business Ethics, Haas School of Business, University of California—Berkeley
- Auto manufacturer representative TBD
Moderator: Drew Kodjak, Executive Director, The International Council on Clean Transportation