- Analyzing laboratory and on-road data from vehicle emissions testing using MATLAB software, with a particular focus on discrepancies between official and real-world emissions behavior of the vehicles. Incorporating new testing data into an existing database, normalizing different data sets to allow for a meaningful comparison and detailed analysis.
- Supporting the update and further development of scientific reports on the real-world emissions performance of road vehicles in the EU. (For example, here and here). This includes preparing tables and charts for further analysis and publication as well as supporting drafting of explanatory text.
- Coordination and collaboration with international staff on similar ongoing work in other regions of the world and carrying out comparisons with the results of our European analysis.
- Advanced level experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) required; programming skills and interest in learning new software tools required; experience with MATLAB desirable
- Good quantitative and analytical skills required; highly self-organized and self-driven attitude required; interest in the European vehicle market and environmental policies desirable
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in other European languages desirable
The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. To be successful in our environment, you must be intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to work with people from across the globe. You must be able to translate technical information to a diverse audience of stakeholders. The intern is expected to work full time or part-time for 3-6 months at the downtown Berlin, Germany ICCT office. Monthly salary for a full-time internship will up to 1,500 EUR, depending on experience. Following the internship, we will aim at providing the opportunity to continue working at the ICCT, for example as part time student worker.
We are expecting to fill this position from fall 2017 on. Please send your resume, cover letter summarizing your qualifications and experiences, a short writing or project sample, name and contact information of three references to email@example.com (subject: “Internship, EU vehicle emissions 2017”).