The ICCT seeks a detail-oriented, team player for an Accounts Payable position on our Finance team in our Washington, DC office. Excellent learning opportunity with a great, mission-driven organization. Position reports to the Accounting Manager and handles a range of bookkeeping and clerical duties such as AP, payroll, credit card reconciliation, expense reporting, some HR admin, and other similar activities.
This non-exempt, hourly position pays no more than $25/hour and will initially be 4 days a week. Hours may be reduced to 3 days a week later, depending on organizational needs.
Position responsibilities include:
- Prepare and monitor accounts payables on a weekly basis under the direction of the Accounting Manager using Intacct;
- Expense reporting and credit card reconciliation;
- Database maintenance in Nexonia, our T&E system, plus other data entry work;
- Assist with annual audit prep and with some HR administration;
- Gather timesheets for payroll and be backup for bi-weekly payroll and online submissions to retirement plan, FSA, etc.; and
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Ideal prior experience:
- 1+ years of hands-on bookkeeping with heavy AP, payroll, expense reporting experience with benefits administration a plus;
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills coupled with meticulous attention to detail;
- Great interpersonal communication skills for our multi-cultural team including written and verbal skills, combined with an upbeat, solutions-oriented attitude;
- Highly self-motivated and works well in both a team environment and individually, with experience working in a non-profit helpful;
- Recent experience working in/with integrated, cloud-based reporting systems and a very strong preference for candidates with Intacct, Payroll Network, and/or Nexonia experience; and
- Associate’s degree in accounting or other relevant subject.
To be successful in our environment, you must enjoy working with a diverse group of people around the globe in a collaborative, dynamic workplace. If you speak Chinese or German, it would be particularly useful in this role! The ICCT offers a competitive salary based on experience plus good benefits for this part-time role, including a transportation subsidy. We have a business casual workplace located one block from the Orange Line Metro at McPherson Square and three blocks from Metro Center. Immediate opening!
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and three professional references (all documents as attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “AP Accountant”). Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letter directly addresses this organization and position, and why they desire a 3-4 day/week position. If interested, please apply now as we want to fill the position as quickly as possible. Applicants without the supplemental materials will receive less consideration. No calls and no recruiters, please. EOE.