The primary focus of this position is the management of funder agreements and relationships. Reporting to the Development and Operations Manager, the Grants and International Collaborations Coordinator works internally with the fundraising, program, and finance teams and externally with funders and collaborators. This is an ideal position for someone with 2-4 years of grants administration or project management experience who is seeking the next step in an internationally-focused nonprofit or development career.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Soundly manage all aspects of internal compliance for ICCT’s 40+ active grants and contracts by informing project managers of all requirements and deadlines, monitoring related activities for compliance with contract terms, tracking progress on project deliverables, coordinating reports to funders, and working with the Senior Financial Analyst and Controller to monitor spending against budget;
- Lead external communications with funder’s administrative staff, including submitting grant reports, requesting revisions to work plans and budgets, and responding to frequent requests for information;
- Collaborate with project managers to craft and share compelling updates and memos on policy achievements or project milestones with our major foundation and individual funders;
- Coordinate ICCT’s participation in major international collaborations including the Climate and Clean Air Coalition, including preparation/review of meeting agendas and supporting documents, generation and circulation of meeting notes, management of related funding proposals and contracts, and leadership and implementation of various related ad-hoc projects and tasks in areas such as communications/outreach efforts, meeting preparations, and grant/collaboration evaluations;
- Serve as the administrator for Salesforce which is used to track existing grants, potential funding opportunities and funder stewardship; and
- Assist the Development and Operations Manager with development of funding proposals.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant field of study plus at least two years’ experience in project management or grants administration;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience with or a demonstrated interest in foundation relations, government contracting, and/or international partnerships and collaborations;
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and prioritization skills in management of competing priorities
- Lead and collaborate with staff at all levels within the organization in development and implementation of processes and procedures to streamline information flow;
- Good computer skills and comfortable learning new software and systems with experience with Salesforce or similar content management software strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with basic accounting and/or managing budgets; and
- Proficiency in German or Chinese valued, but not required.
This position is based in our Washington, DC office with limited domestic and international travel. We offer a mission-driven, egalitarian, culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. The ICCT offers a competitive salary that depends on experience, plus an excellent benefits package, including group health, a 401(k) with a 7% contribution, transportation subsidy, and other benefits. Salary TBD based on experience and education.
To apply, please send resume and a cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com (subject line: “Grants and Int'l Collaborations Coordinator”). Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered; candidates without a cover letter will be given less consideration. The anticipated start date for the position is late August or early September. No calls and no recruiters, please. EOE.