The ICCT seeks a highly committed, self-motivated person to contribute to our research to reduce vehicle emissions and improve efficiency of light and heavy duty vehicles in India. We expect the successful candidate to work across a range of technical and policy areas, and take on other projects as the need arises.
Position Responsibilities - including and not limited to:
- Lead research and critical assessments of best practice policies and strategies for reducing real-world emissions (such as CO2, NOx, and PM) through testing protocols and stronger compliance and enforcement in the Indian transportation sector;
- Write concise technical memos in response to time-sensitive inquiries received from vehicle regulators;
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to communicate the work of the ICCT via workshops, digital media, and other communication channels within India;
- Nurture and maintain positive, effective working relationships with respected international experts, Indian government officials, and local organizations;
- Represent the ICCT at technical conferences and make presentations in a wide range of international policy fora; and
- Collaborate with ICCT staff on emerging projects based on need.
- Master's degree in an applicable subject or minimum of 3-5 years of equivalent work experience with a strong preference for a candidate with a foundation in engine and vehicle technology, emission and efficiency testing, and vehicle fuel efficiency policies;
- Excellent, demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and research skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills plus proven competency and interest in working in an international environment with a highly diverse employee population;
- Strong English communication skills, in both written and verbal formats, plus excellent verbal communication skills in Hindi highly desirable;
- Great organizational and collaboration skills, combined with flexibility and a positive attitude;
- Demonstrated interest in climate change, air quality, energy, environment, public health, or related topics, plus familiarity with environmental and energy challenges in the transportation sector preferred; and
- Some domestic (within India) and international travel required.
To be successful in our environment, you must be intellectually curious, self-directed, and able to work effectively with people from across the globe. You must be able to connect research to policy and translate technical information to stakeholders. Ideally, this position will be based in New Delhi, although other location options within India may be considered. The ICCT offers a mission-driven, egalitarian, culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Remuneration will be based on experience and education.
To apply, please send resume, a cover letter with salary expectations, writing samples, and three professional references (all documents as attachments) to email@example.com (subject line: “India Researcher”). Preference will be given to candidates whose cover letters directly address the position being offered. This is an immediate opening and the position will remain open until filled. Applicants without the supplemental materials will receive less consideration. No calls and no recruiters.