Accelerating new energy vehicle uptake in Chinese cities: Assessment of policies for private passenger cars in leading city markets
Our roadmap to decarbonizing transport by 2050 relies on efficiency requirements, zero-emission vehicle mandates, emission standards, and renewable fuels. Yet those measures will leave a 15% shortfall. Making up the difference will require policies outside those that directly affect vehicles and fuels, such as carbon pricing, infrastructure investments, and fiscal policy intervention. ICCT researchers identify and assess those policies with the greatest potential.
- Zifei Yang, Program Lead (Washington, DC)
- André Cieplinski, Associate Researcher (Brazil)
- Georg Bieker, Senior Researcher (Berlin)
- Kyle Morrison, Associate Researcher (Berlin)
- Sandra Wappelhorst, Senior Researcher (Berlin)
- Irem Kok, Researcher (San Francisco, CA)