Toward Zero-Emission Off-Road Equipment Symposium
About this Event
The off-road equipment segment, which includes construction equipment, mining and quarrying, port handling, airport ground support equipment, materials handling, and agricultural machinery, is a significant contributor to carbon emissions and criteria pollutants, including PM and NOx. It has become one of the most challenging transportation segments to decarbonize. Meanwhile, new energy (zero-emission) equipment has presented a unique opportunity to accelerate the transition towards zero emission. However, the communication among domestic and international stakeholders in this field are still limited and there is a pressing need for a deeper understanding of the market’s potential and the effectiveness of policy strategies.
This symposium aims to bring together key stakeholders to establish and enhance the exploration of the market, technology trend, and policy measures that promote zero-emission equipment, and further foster collaboration and engagement among stakeholders. The event has brought together policymakers from Chinese and international regulatory authorities, including the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, Environment and Climate Change Canada, California Air Resources Board, Oslo city government industry representatives and associations, academy and research institutions, and civil society groups. The program will cover a wide range of topics, including the latest technological advancements, practical use cases, policy coordination, and market potential.
Symposium Date: October 16th – 18th, 2023 (Beijing Time)
Primus Hotel Xuzhou Dalong Lake & Greenland International Convention Center
No. 59 Pengzu Road, Yunlong District, Xuzhou, P.R.China
Vehicle Emissions Control Center – Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences
The International Council on Clean Transportation, Beijing Representative Office
China Construction Machinery Association
Topic 1: Opportunities, challenges and policy prospects for zero-emission off-road machinery
- Development status of China’s off-road machinery （China Construction Machinery Association）
- Policies related to reduction of pollution and carbon emissions of off-road machinery in China （Vehicle Emission Control Center）
- Policies, prospects and experience sharing of promoting zero-emission machinery in California （Peter Christensen, California Air Resources Board）
- Zero emission policies for off-road machinery in Canada （Sara Ednie, Environment and Climate Change Canada）
- Overview of global zero-emission off-road machinery development and policies （International Council on Clean Transportation）
- Oslo zero-emission construction site experience sharing （Philip Mortensen, Climate Agency, Oslo City Government）
Topic 2: Technology prospects and market promotion of zero-emission off-road machinery
- Application experience of zero-emission excavators in four countries in South America （Adrian Montalvo Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation）
- Application experience in zero-emission construction zones （Xiaoyu Liu, C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group）
- Experience in promoting zero-emission construction machinery in Shenzhen （Representative from Shenzhen）
- Application experience of zero-emission construction machinery （Shaanxi Tonly Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.）
- Development trend and promotion difficulties of construction machinery （LiuGong Machinery Co., Ltd.，Xuzhou Construction Machinery Group Co., Ltd. ，Volvo
NOTE: This event is invitation only.